Lifeways Group is a finalist for two LaingBuisson Awards!
Lifeways Group was nominated twice by LaingBuisson’s judging panel, made up of people across the health and social care sector, for the awards’ Supported Living category.
To compete for the awards, Lifeways Group had submitted two award entries - one for the entire organisation and one for SIL.
SIL is part of Lifeways Group and specialises in supporting people severely affected by mental illness.
Each entry was separately nominated for the Support Living award by the judging panel.
The first award entry was for SIL, and showcased our life-transforming outcomes in mental health, highlighting:
- SIL’s investment in training: More in-depth, comprehensive training has enabled our teams to better understand individuals living with complex mental health needs
- How people were supported to transition to SIL’s services: Over the 12 months, 147 individuals have moved to SIL services, of whom over 80% were coming directly from hospital, freeing up much-needed hospital placements
- The success of SIL’s ‘Ask Paul’ colleague helpline: Our support and information service for colleagues received over 600 advice requests on COVID-19 policy and practice
- SIL’s teamwork-led-approach: Our teams and professionals work closely with community mental health, early intervention, social care, inpatient services, crisis and home treatment, drug and alcohol support, police, and wider community organisations.
The second award entry, for Lifeways Group as a whole, showcased our work to ensure co-production was one of our leading support approaches, highlighting:
- The importance of co-production: Key evidence of co-production being utilised is our growing Quality Checkers programme. Quality Checkers, who are experts by experience, are individuals we support who are trained to review the quality of support provided in their own and other homes
- Improved safety: Accidents at our services, such as trips and falls, dropped by 24% in 2021, and continue to fall even further this year
- Our use of assistive technology: Where they promote independence, our services are equipped with video entry systems and door sensors, sensory projectors, ceiling track and hoist systems, high and low lift reclining Jacuzzi baths, and adaptive kitchen surfaces to empower wheelchair users
- How we empower our colleagues to boost their skills: We utilise the Apprenticeship Levy to offer qualifications in care and wider business operations, and currently support over 285 learners on a range of apprenticeship programmes.
Andrea Kinkade, Lifeways’ CEO, said: “The LaingBuisson Award is a highly prized and respected achievement, representing the best of our sector.”
“I am absolutely delighted that Lifeways Group are finalists in two categories, showcasing our commitment to life-transforming outcomes, and the incredible support provided to those with complex mental health needs.
“I wish our team and all other finalists in the LaingBuisson 2022 Award Ceremony the very best of luck.”
In total, the LaingBuisson Awards organisers received over 400 entries from across the health and social care sector, for 29 award categories.
In the Supported Living award category, Lifeways Group is competing against five other organisations.
The complete list of finalists can be viewed on the LaingBuisson Awards website.
The award winners will be announced at a ceremony and dinner on 17 November 2022 at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel in London.
Winning teams will be presented with an engraved glass plaque.
We’re looking forward to the awards ceremony!
Lifeways is the UK’s largest team of support professionals providing support for adults in the community.
Our 11,000 colleagues currently support almost 5,000 individuals who live in our 1,500 supported living and residential services across England, Scotland, and Wales.
Follow us on:
More news and events